web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
OP Offline
Hi! Any idea why the office serv 100 manager download fails to setup on my laptop xp pro sp2?? :shrug: Is possible i have to remove the older PCMMC Program 1ST.?? Thanks

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

I have not had this problem as of yet but it is possible you need to remove the old versions before moving forward.

OP Offline
I have removed older PCMMC sortware, still won't setup Lauchpad error Shows :SetupDll\SetupDll.cpp(2198) Papp: office Serv Manager Launch Pvendor:Samsung Electronics PGuid:$9.10.429@windows XP Service Pack 2 (2600)BT_Other 0.22 Error 5002 THIS ERROR HAPPENS ON MY DESKTOP AND MY lAPTOP.?? :bang:

I think that is an InstallShield error. Could be your antivirus software interfering with the installation, or a previous incomplete installation/uninstallation.

Try the install with antivirus disabled, obviously disable for the minimum length of time needed to try the install and don't use other programs with it disabled.

Alternatively, if you are happy poking around in the workings of Windows, look in the "C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information" folder. There are likely to be a bunch of folder names which are GUIDs in the form {xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx} - have a look through all of these for setup.ini files and check the contents for a mention of Samsung Officserv. For any which do rename the folder, just add an extra character to the folder name so it can easily be restored, and try the install again.

Note that deleting or editing these folders or their contents will make it impossible to remove or repair the program which created the folder so make sure any changes you make can be reversed.

OP Offline
Thanks tdw42, i can't seem to find that folder ,i may not be in the right area??

Can you post a screen shot of the error?

OP Offline
HI! Cit , my post above has the info that shows up with red x , i think it is INSTALLSHIELD WIZARD Problem , i am going to load it again on a 3rd desk top i have to see if it is something that got deleted when i was doing a system harddrive cleaning with spybot etc. Will update post, if anyone has other ideas feel free. Thankss

It's a hidden folder, you can either paste the path into the Address bar of Windows Explorer, or under menu Tools, Folder Options select 'Show hidden files and folders' on the View tab.

OP Offline
HI! TDW42, thanks i found i the right folder but there is no PGUID : XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX # for samsung there?? I also loaded the OfficeServ Manager on 3rd computer still the same problem ?? What da LLEH! Is going on?? I will give this a rest fo now!! Thanks everyone i know i will figure it out eventually but i may retired by then.

OK, in that case there aren't any partially installed/uninstalled versions of OfficeServ Manager hanging around. Have you tried doing the install with any antivrius turned off ?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,299
Posts638,872
Members49,770
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,729 Shoretel
189,772 CTX100 install
187,933 1a2 system
Newest Members
Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D.
49,769 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 25
teleco 9
dans 6
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Keyset6), 144 guests, and 301 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024