atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: John Osvatic AT&T Comkey? - 04/28/16 12:37 PM
I apologize for reposting this but I finally got pictures of the AT&T Comkey? sets that I am looking for. The primary set has 1050 stamped on the face plate along with the AT&T logo. The secondary sets have 1020 stamped on the face plate along with the AT&T logo. I know its not the old Comkey system. I think its more like late 80's early 90's early electronic type. I can send pictures upon request. I am looking for one or two secondary sets.
Thank You

Posted By: dexman Re: AT&T Comkey? - 04/28/16 01:46 PM
Upload the pictures to the Photos forum and add the images here in this topic. smile
Posted By: justbill Re: AT&T Comkey? - 04/29/16 08:48 PM
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Silversam Re: AT&T Comkey? - 04/29/16 08:53 PM
I'm not a Comkey expert, by any stretch of the imagination, but those don't look like any Comkey sets I ever saw.

Sam
Posted By: justbill Re: AT&T Comkey? - 04/29/16 09:04 PM
This was posted by Carl Navarro in the photo's forum, I couldn't figure out how to move it so just copied:

Oh, I feel the Spirit :-)

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=att+spirit+phone+system

OMG. I see they actually made black! Most of the ones I've see are that funky shade of smoked ivory (cigarette smoked...)

Carl

If the Spirit moves you, PM me before you do any purchasing. The Spirit is in my list of warehouse reduction/elimination items.

EDIT: Upon further review, I see that this is built on a Spirit frame, but it has a display and less buttons than the 24-button set. I can't seem to find a single reference to 1050 or that AT&T ever made it :-)

Maybe it was specific to certain telcos or a one-off experiment that failed?
Posted By: dexman Re: AT&T Comkey? - 04/30/16 01:17 AM
Those do look like Spirit phones (except for the presence of the LCDs).
Posted By: EV607797 Re: AT&T Comkey? - 04/30/16 02:39 PM
I recall that system referred to as 'Baby Merlin'.
Posted By: jeffmoss26 Re: AT&T Comkey? - 04/30/16 04:07 PM
The drugstore I worked at in HS had a Spirit system. Anytime the power went out it would default to pulse dialing. The hardware store in the same shopping center had a Merlin 820 with BIS-10 sets. I can still hear that electronic ring.
Posted By: hbiss Re: AT&T Comkey? - 05/01/16 12:06 AM
Not Comkey that's for sure. Not Spirit either. There was an AT&T system that was neither Merlin or Spirit but around the same time period. I only came across the abandoned KSU once. Could those be the phones for that system?

-Hal
Posted By: John Osvatic Re: AT&T Comkey? - 05/01/16 09:55 AM
Thank You to all of you for responding to my inquiry. I knew it wasn't the traditional Comkey but that's the only place I thought my inquiry would fit, hence the ? after Comkey.
I know these came out post AT&T Divestiture while I worked at US WEST. The Spirit, if this is what these are, was one of AT&T attempts to enter the small customer market back then.
US WEST created a deregulated side and also entered this market by reselling small systems.
These systems were self contained with the, in this case the 1050, as the Primary set with all the "key" control features on board.
Posted By: John Osvatic Re: AT&T Comkey? - 05/01/16 11:26 PM
I confronted the owner of this "system" and using all your information as ammo I finally pried it out of him that he bought it at Target in the late eighties. It was an early attempt to market a feature rich phone system to the home owner-work at homer without buying a complex and of course, expensive key system. It is a wired system where all sets are wired to the same T and R and the 1050 set controls the 1020 sets. I told him the year was 2016 and referred him to the Internet and suggested he look for wireless home phone systems with speakerphone, intercom, paging, answering, etc.
Posted By: John Osvatic Re: AT&T Comkey? - 05/01/16 11:26 PM
Thank you for all your feedback.

John O
Posted By: dexman Re: AT&T Comkey? - 05/02/16 10:10 AM
A Partner ACS would be worth considering as a replacement. Hardware prices on the secondary market have settled, programming, depending upon the customer's requirements, can be very simple and wiring is pretty straight forward.
Posted By: Carl Navarro Re: AT&T Comkey? - 05/02/16 01:49 PM
John, did you get a chance to see the 1050 set? were there electronics in the base and a power source to feed it? Was it like the ComKey 416 base unit?

They must have made so few of them and then denied the ever made it smile I tried all sorts of sources to see if it showed up in old AT&T catalogs and no dice. By its style and logo, the late 80's early 90's had to set the time frame, as in Post-divestiture but probably pre-Partner.

Anyway, it was a good exercise in finding cordless phones on search engines smile

Carl
Posted By: Touch Tone Tommy Re: AT&T Comkey? - 05/03/16 05:34 AM
This is similar to the AT&T system 2000, discussed here:
https://sundance-communications.com...cs/560521/AT_T_2052_with_two_2022_phones

Here's the link to a Staples ad with the system 2000 phones
https://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=2209&dat=19921025&id=SolKAAAAIBAJ&sjid=85MMAAAAIBAJ&pg=3555,6056511&hl=en

One set is a Master, the others are Satellite phones. The Master gets 2 lines installed via RJ-14 or (2) RJ-11's. The Satellite phones just get Line 1 via an RJ-11, and via carrier get Line 2 and Intercom
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help