atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Z-man inband digit problems on Legend - 06/22/03 10:04 PM
Here is the scoop. I have two Legend R7's networked together via a point to point t-1. Using a third party centralized voice mail on Switch A. The voice mail is setup as intergrated, and using inband DTMF.

The problem is when people from Switch B try to log into the voice mail, or when someone transfer a caller to voice mail, the caller hears, "I'm sorry, that was not a valid entry". When the voice mail says this, it indicates someone dialed an incorrect extension, or the system did not recieve all the digits it expected. Instead of getting extension 134, it most likely got 34 or 13. Is there a timing parameter on the the point to point T-1 that would slow down the sent digits? It seems to happen only to people at switch B. Switch A seems to have no problems. Problem is intermittant and seems to happen once out of every three or 4 calls.

I am at my wits end, so help???

[This message has been edited by Z-man (edited June 22, 2003).]
Posted By: dude Re: inband digit problems on Legend - 06/23/03 11:04 AM
UNLESS IT'S A PRI, PERHAPS A DEFECTIVE OR INSUFFICIENT TOUCH TONE RECEIVER
Posted By: 2-wire Re: inband digit problems on Legend - 06/23/03 12:47 PM
Have you tried adding a digit to the ARS table that connectst the two switches to see if that helps? Good Luck.
Posted By: gkar Re: inband digit problems on Legend - 06/23/03 03:47 PM
There is no timming on the PTP. The calls are set-up on the d-channel. Try changing VM ports around. Sounds like its one port extension set different in the VM. I would also check your synch clocking. That could mess up the mode-codes. Make sure one is primary off a public-network T-1 and the other is loop of the PTP. If you don't have a public T set one to local.
Posted By: ken_07734 Re: inband digit problems on Legend - 06/23/03 04:45 PM
I think I replied to this on another forum?

Check to make sure you are not adding or deleteing a digit or two in the udp routing tables.
Posted By: Z-man Re: inband digit problems on Legend - 06/23/03 08:00 PM
Gkar,

you might have hit it on the head. the problem does seem to be with the mode codes. The are some strange ones coming across to the VM when I put a trace on them. The system has a PRI already installed. I will make sure that is set as the primary clock source and set to loop and the PTP is set to local. Does that sound right?
Posted By: gkar Re: inband digit problems on Legend - 06/23/03 08:38 PM
Set switch "A" primary as loop on the Public PRI. Set switch "B" primary as loop on the Private PTP. You can use Local as a secondary source on switch "A".
Posted By: Z-man Re: inband digit problems on Legend - 06/24/03 06:45 AM
Switch B has a public PRI as well. How does this affect the timing.
Posted By: Z-man Re: inband digit problems on Legend - 06/24/03 09:25 AM
I am starting to think I might have a bad TTR given the mode codes I am getting. Instead of dropping a leading digit or trailing digit, the missing digit(s) seem to be random. some at the end, some in the middle, some at the beginning. Almost always it is a # that is being dropped. Does anyone have handy the testing procedures for testing TTR's
Posted By: Z-man Re: inband digit problems on Legend - 06/24/03 10:17 AM
I can't seem to tell if my problems are coming from switch A or B. I am leaning to have issues at switch B. The only people that are complaining are the people at switch B. No one at switch A ever has an issue. I would think if it were touch tone recievers that were bad, the people at switch A would complain as well. Maybe I have bad TTR's at switch B? I will check them in the morning. I will also have the provider check for noise on the PTP T-1. Any other ideas? We have alot of single extensions at switch B, along with a couple of PRI T-1's. Maybe I need to put a 400 TTR card in.
Posted By: gkar Re: inband digit problems on Legend - 06/24/03 04:22 PM
Do you have any errors in switch "B" for TTR's?
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help