Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Z-man Offline OP
Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
OP Offline
Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
Here is the scoop. I have two Legend R7's networked together via a point to point t-1. Using a third party centralized voice mail on Switch A. The voice mail is setup as intergrated, and using inband DTMF.

The problem is when people from Switch B try to log into the voice mail, or when someone transfer a caller to voice mail, the caller hears, "I'm sorry, that was not a valid entry". When the voice mail says this, it indicates someone dialed an incorrect extension, or the system did not recieve all the digits it expected. Instead of getting extension 134, it most likely got 34 or 13. Is there a timing parameter on the the point to point T-1 that would slow down the sent digits? It seems to happen only to people at switch B. Switch A seems to have no problems. Problem is intermittant and seems to happen once out of every three or 4 calls.

I am at my wits end, so help???

[This message has been edited by Z-man (edited June 22, 2003).]

Z-man
Avaya SME Authorized Partner
www.omniofficetech.com
Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

UNLESS IT'S A PRI, PERHAPS A DEFECTIVE OR INSUFFICIENT TOUCH TONE RECEIVER

HE SEEMS TO BE SAYING SOME KIND OF WORDS
Have you tried adding a digit to the ARS table that connectst the two switches to see if that helps? Good Luck.

There is no timming on the PTP. The calls are set-up on the d-channel. Try changing VM ports around. Sounds like its one port extension set different in the VM. I would also check your synch clocking. That could mess up the mode-codes. Make sure one is primary off a public-network T-1 and the other is loop of the PTP. If you don't have a public T set one to local.

I think I replied to this on another forum?

Check to make sure you are not adding or deleteing a digit or two in the udp routing tables.

Z-man Offline OP
Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
OP Offline
Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
Gkar,

you might have hit it on the head. the problem does seem to be with the mode codes. The are some strange ones coming across to the VM when I put a trace on them. The system has a PRI already installed. I will make sure that is set as the primary clock source and set to loop and the PTP is set to local. Does that sound right?

Z-man
www.omniofficetech.com
Set switch "A" primary as loop on the Public PRI. Set switch "B" primary as loop on the Private PTP. You can use Local as a secondary source on switch "A".

Z-man Offline OP
Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
OP Offline
Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
Switch B has a public PRI as well. How does this affect the timing.

Z-man
www.omniofficetech.com
Z-man Offline OP
Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
OP Offline
Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
I am starting to think I might have a bad TTR given the mode codes I am getting. Instead of dropping a leading digit or trailing digit, the missing digit(s) seem to be random. some at the end, some in the middle, some at the beginning. Almost always it is a # that is being dropped. Does anyone have handy the testing procedures for testing TTR's

Z-man
www.omniofficetech.com
Z-man Offline OP
Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
OP Offline
Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
I can't seem to tell if my problems are coming from switch A or B. I am leaning to have issues at switch B. The only people that are complaining are the people at switch B. No one at switch A ever has an issue. I would think if it were touch tone recievers that were bad, the people at switch A would complain as well. Maybe I have bad TTR's at switch B? I will check them in the morning. I will also have the provider check for noise on the PTP T-1. Any other ideas? We have alot of single extensions at switch B, along with a couple of PRI T-1's. Maybe I need to put a 400 TTR card in.

Z-man
www.omniofficetech.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,312
Posts638,909
Members49,772
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
213,055 Shoretel
190,271 CTX100 install
188,535 1a2 system
Newest Members
dcl, Mansour, Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks
49,771 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 21
jsaad 6
teleco 6
dans 4
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 116 guests, and 45 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024