atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: RM SYSTEMS Nortel NAM "message storage is full" - 04/12/17 12:38 PM
Customer has a MICS with a NAM. About once a week when a caller tries to leave a message they get "the message storage unit is full". This is a nursing home and using DID's. Is there a way to check which mailbox is maybe overloaded? Thanks.
Posted By: Ken B Re: Nortel NAM "message storage is full" - 04/12/17 01:18 PM
Almost always turns out to be the general delivery mailbox. There is a Mailbox Activity Report you could run to determine if there are any other mailboxes that are using up the storage.
Posted By: skip555 Re: Nortel NAM "message storage is full" - 04/12/17 02:32 PM
I had the same issue recently , we wound up defaulting and re programming the CP
Posted By: RM SYSTEMS Re: Nortel NAM "message storage is full" - 04/12/17 03:05 PM
I checked mailboxes 100, 101, 102, Nothing there. Ken, how would I run that report? Thanks.
Posted By: skip555 Re: Nortel NAM "message storage is full" - 04/12/17 03:49 PM
you need to log into the CP via PC interface to see what's going on and run reports.
Posted By: Curlycord Re: Nortel NAM "message storage is full" - 04/12/17 04:06 PM
It's a NAM not a Callpilot so you will need to hook up to the port with Hyperterminal then run a report from 983/7 or run reports from within Hyperterminal by logging in via Hyperterminal.
You can also connect laptop to network card and use Norstar Voice Manager software (included with NRU software).

Also try from a set just going into Mailboxes/Del and keep pressing Next until you see one that is not on the list of users and delete them.

Posted By: Ken B Re: Nortel NAM "message storage is full" - 04/12/17 04:19 PM
Curly is right, the only access to reports in the NAM is connecting via hyperterminal - Best if you have an old laptop with a db9 connector, I've had issues in the past trying to use a usb to serial connector...
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help