We have a customer with a Comdial DX80 with a Viking C1000B door phone controller. It has two Viking door phone units and one doorlatch.

Two weeks ago they had a company who shares some of their space, have an IPO 500 installed by an IT company. They wanted to share the doorboxes too.

We told them to just tap into the same port that our system is on and gave them a jumper. We said that we are using a C.O. port on our system to interface to the Viking box. They said OK and did what they did.

Everything seems to be working fine---except for the rings. When someone is at the door and pushes the door phone---the Comdial phones ring almost immediately but it takes 3 rings before the phones on the IPO ring. We're not going to really do anything to the IPO, but have informed the IT company who installed it of the problem.

Just out of curiosity, I'd like to know what would the solution be? I don't know, for sure what their technical expertise is on these kinds of things. We know nothing about the IPO.....maybe we should get to know it.

I have talked to the Viking tech support and they said that two different systems should not pose a problem using the same C1000B. These systems are maybe 6-7 feet from each other. The DX80 is much closer to the Viking C1000B by at least 4-5 feet.