Just a follow up to the above posts; the customer has in fact agreed to go with VOIP at all 8 stores, with the exception of the IPO 406 they currently have in the main store, for now. The other stores have an on site PBX with a PRI and T1 connection. We are using Aastra phones to give them the buttons they are used to seeing on the old style phones they had. We have cut over 3 stores and they seem happy with the performance, so far. I'm still looking into a simple integration for the IP406, and am wondering if the PRI can carry the 4 digit extensions coming in from the other stores? If I program the inbound call routing to see the 4 digits and treat them like DID's, and send them to the receptionist in the IPO, will that work? We are also looking at installing a router of sorts between the IPO and the PRI interface. Plug the PRI from the provider into the router, then program the router to provide a PRI out to the IPO406.
In theory this should work, I'm just wondering if anyone as actually done this. The network side is stable and under 1 provider's care, so we should be okay with the connectivity between stores.
Reason to keep the IP406 is that in about a year, the main store will undertake a remodel and demo of one of the buildings. The customer doesn't want to pay to install cat 5 cable for VOIP phones right now, and therefore wants to keep the IP406 for awhile.
I know, band aid scenario.
Thanks again, for all the suggestions.