Does anyone out there have or know of the "Dean VIP" software for Mitel SX100/200 Analog systems? We have several 100/200's running this software and recently a customer moved to a new location we powered down the PBX & removed to new location system was without power perhaps 2 hrs when I 1st turned it up at the new location it came up & ran for maybe 30 mins went into a major alarm & everything was dead. I removed all station & trunk cards system still would not bootup. I then tried a 217IPC card & had the same problem. So for yucks I moved the console cable to the system console maintenance port & the system came up. Only problem was the whole database was scrambled & I had to reinitialize the IPC. After initializing everything was fine except it had lost the "Dean VIP" activation. Dean Communications tells us that their licensing agreement with Mitel has expired & they cannot reactivate this software. In December of 1999 we had purchased a "VIP" board from a company in Colorado (not Dean) nearly 6 months had passed & they never cashed the check and we had another VIP that had deactivated & they would not give us the code to reactivate this one, so we stopped payment on this check then we got a phone call from this company in CO. and they told us if we didn't send them another check certified funds we would have problems with the VIP software & they would not be able to help us. Low & behold the very next day the board we had from them failed. We sent them a check and miraculously the next day the software was "reactivated" Obviously they can call into these systems & deactivate or activate the software. My problem now is that we have another customer with the VIP software & no one seems to be able to get me the code to reactivate. Anyone else had problems with VIP software & or does anyone know how to crack the code to reactivate this software? It seems to me either Mitel or Dean needs to stand behind this product & provide customers that bought it the ability to activate this software. What the VIP software is, is basically a converted 218 or 217 that provides ONS Voice Mail support it provides for a single line ext. to turn on & off Message waiting lights as well as speed call codes to access voice mail & send forwarded calls to the voice mail...At any rate would love to hear from anyone with this software out there & have you had any problems with getting it activated?

Thanks ;-)
MB
Com-Tel Technical Inc.