I work at a post production house in NYC. We have two 3300 ICPs connected via T1s for our different locations.

We recently had a bunch of 5330 IP phones installed at a new site. Since the desks weren't installed yet, we had our vendor just program the extensions for us and I assigned the phones to the extensions as the desks were installed.

During the install, I noticed that a few of our phones are having an issue where they never get past the DHCP discovery. I can plug them directly into the switch and it still hangs right there. If I leave it long enough I get a DHCP timeout error. All of the other phones get an address fine and work fine, even on the same port as the "broken" phones.

When I check the leases in the controller, it shows the MAC address for the phone I'm assigning as "CONFIG RESERVED". I'm assuming this is a reservation made by the system when I assign the phone's MAC address to the extension.

It may be possible that the phones had issues updating the first time they were attached to the network. Is there a way to force a firmware upgrade on the 5330? Has anyone else experienced this problem with the phone hanging at DHCP discovery?

Thanks in advance,
Phil