Hi-

I've been given the task of researching and purchasing a phone system to be installed at a summer camp. I've received quotes from a number of companies, and I'm trying to make a decision on who to go with... I just want to make sure I'm comparing apples with apples... If one of the phone manufacturers is inferior (or superior) compared to another, I want to be able to take that into account.

If somebody is able to shed a little light on this, or refer me to a website or article that can, I would greatly appreciate it!

I have received quotes on systems with:

-Partner ACS phones with an ACS R7.0 Processor

- ESI phones with an ESI IVX 56s w/o NSP - 8 Line/16 Digital/4 Analog, 4 port/6 hr. voicemail (most of that seems german to me.. it's verbatum from the quote)

- Norstar T-7316 phones/Norstar MICS Cabinet "with revision 7.0 software" + Norstar Callpilot 100 Voice mail

- Norstar MICS Cabinet Meridian Series Phones with Norstar MICS cabinet + Norstar Callpilot 100 Voice mail

- VODAVI STS Digital Cabinet (4X8X2) (phones are VODAVI, but not sure the models)

Our needs are basically to handle 14 phone lines and about 18 stations (some digital, some analog), with one main control/switchboard.

I'd really appreciate any advice you can offer - I'm pretty well versed with tech stuff, I've just never dealt with phone systems before.

Thanks!

Steve.

[email address removed at user's request]

PS: does anyone have any advice/experience on dealing with "Business Phones Direct"?