I'm a Mitel fan, but IP, to me anyhow,is a waste of time and money. And thats any IP system. If you want it to be as reliable as TDM phone systems, you have to have separate cabling, separate routers, separate IP system from the computer network. Wasn't the original idea of IP phones that you just plugged them into the exhisting ethernet network? And now that's not the best way to do it anymore? And now you have to reboot once a week? That's what you have now with TDM, with cheaper cabling, cheaper parts, better audio, no weekly reboot, and dare I say it, reliability. What's the last advantage? Free long distance? Once IP starts to hurt the 'Telco Cloud', the fed's will step in and level the playing field and you'll be right back to 3-5 cents a minute for L/D. TDM's that need rebooting once a week have a parts problem that can be easily cured, if the tech knows what he/she is doing. And you don't have to buy licensces yearly, and patches monthly. Remote offices? Been doing that with TIE lines for 30 years. T1's and PRI's do it even cheaper, nowadays. Your going to pay for that link even with IP. Well, that's my story, and I'm stickin' to it. smile John C. (Not Garand)

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.