The INN-FORM is not 'seeing' the computer. Try a FULL Null-Modem adapter and check your flow control. The INN-FORM does honor it and expects it. What comm program are you using?

That said, you are STILL trying to 'milk a cow with a monkey wrench'. A new printer is STILL the wise and reasonable choice. If your customer cannot cope with a dot matrix printer, what makes you think they'll be able to successfully run a SAVE function daily/weekly? And will they have any idea how to access the saved files 2 weeks after you show them how?

Wait a minute, "fix Printer"? Isn't that the same problem you had to start with? Have you checked the interconnecting cable? Did the customer 're-arrange' the front desk? Or do a thorough cleaning? It's time to do a little thoughtful troubleshooting! And get new 1488 and 1489 IC's into the INN-FORM to eliminate the INN-FORM as the problem. Check your favorite electronics store or call DIGI-KEY for the IC's. They are REALLY cheap, less than $1 each. And they plug in. Just take your time. Change 1 at a time and power down the INN-FORM 1st.

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.