Steve: When I dial the call message Sender code I get reorder from the PBX. I haven't checked the room sets to see if the ones that don't have the MW lamp lit, are working normally or not (that's a good idea). I do know that the few 4025's they have are working correctly. The system has been in service for about 8 years I believe. There were no changes to the VM prior to this. The system was resetting itself before this started. The owner would go and power the system down to get it to come back, when this would no longer work, he called us to come and work on it. The MWI problem started around this time. I wound up replacing the BCC II card and at a later date wound up replacing the PSU in Bay 1. I've also replaced the BCC II in Bay 2.

Lightening: The range of extension #'s for the rooms start at 101 through somewhere in the 200's. There are some analog sets for the staff that are in the 300 range, the few digital sets are also in the 300 range. We have the ILEC (I work for them) and a cable TV company that competes with us.

Thanks guys for your responses.

Bill