I am inclined to suggest that you bring in a vendor. If your software is new enough, it would be very easy for a Nortel trained vendor to configure this. A typical vendor would probably bill you for their 1 hour minimum charge...pretty minimal.

That being said, you may as well just test it the way it is, to see if it is already working. Just call in to the office from your cell phone. Then try to use the "Transfer" feature as you normally would, but dial "9" + an outside number. Then release.

If it works, GREAT!

If not, there is some work to do. And, it is stuff that can leave you without the ability to dial out at all, if it isn't done right.

If you have a vendor that you work with, they can probably tell you whether the software is new enough, with a phone call.

If you have a Remote Access Device (RAD or FastRAD) connected to the system, this work could be done remotely (that sometimes saves $$$).

Lastly, you may be able to do this (the outbound transfers) with a carrier feature as well. You would need a "Flash" button on your phone if you went this route (Nortel calls it "Link", Feature + 71 on your phones).

Please let us know how it goes!

------------------
BCM Guy
www.BCMguy.com
Learn more about the Nortel Networks Business Communications Manager HERE !

Marty Beutler
Follow me on my quest to webify all of us at Webify.Us
--> Providing Business Relevance for Web 2.0 Technologies