This morning we had a voice mail from someone that said they were with AT&T fraud. They were calling to inform us that they detected steady calls to the Philippines from Saturday July 15th at 12:20 AM for the whole day and that we needed to secure our PBX system. I called the number 800 xxx-xxxx that they left and referenced the case number ####### and they said that they were now blocking the calls and we needed to contact our vendor to secure the system.

We already have blocks on our PBX to prevent 1010xxx calls and usually everyone has left the building by this time so I am uncertain how these calls might have been made. During the conversation with the person at the 800 number above, they asked what type of system we had which I found to be odd ( I did not say the type ). I suspect that some type of fraud is going on however we don’t know if we had already been a victim of toll fraud as the caller said or if the caller was trying to attempt call fraud when I returned their call.

Is there a list of items I need to check to be sure that my Meridian system with 6.1 software and NAM with 4.0 software will not be used to make calls for theives?