Hello, I have a customer that is having a problem with their old Startalk Flash installed on a 8x24? MCIS. The problem they are having is if you call a internal extension the CFNA is set to 6 rings and it transfers to 43 (VM port). On the display it says "not available" and kicks it back to AA. Same thing happens on external calls

What I've done is verify the VM port is correct, the extensions have VM boxes already. Checked that AA answers after 4 and CFNA is set to 6. I've turned AA off and the same thing happens. The operator can transfer calls directly to VM F986 just fine.

They use a manual night service during business hours but the problem happens after hours also, I've also turned if off and nothing changes.

F982 AA is set to answer.

I'm stumped, anywhere else I should look?
DRT to prime is turned on, does that have anything to do with it? I don't understand DRT, could some one give me a quick definition?

Thanks for any help you can provide, below are some pictures in case they help. [Linked Image from lh4.ggpht.com] [Linked Image from lh4.ggpht.com]