Thanks for setting that straight. That makes sense, and that's how I thought it should be.

This is what we're getting from the vendor however, and it sounds like they didn't add the licenses back in. I looked through all of the files they had available when I was on-site the other day but could not find any license keys.

- Phil

-----

Phil, when they upgraded their Norstar in 07, they also purchase a new CallPilot Voicemail system with 10/mailboxes. In order to expand, they would need to purchase additional mailboxes. Since they had downsized at that time, 10 mailboxes was more than sufficient. The older system had more mailboxes but the two are not license compatible.

Software licenses are available in seats of 1, 4, 8, or 16. I have priced out the 4 and the 8. Let me know if you need anything else.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Thursday, December 03, 2009 10:52 PM
Subject: RE: Norstar Meridian switch network termination for *****

I agree that they should certainly have more than 8 mailboxes available but the system will only allow us to create information mailboxes now, so it would appear that they have run out of licenses for them. I went through both numerically and by name (searching by first letter) and was unable to find any additional VMboxes to delete.

Did the license keys need to be re-entered when the system was upgraded a while back? If so, is it possible that they were not put back in?

***** is currently using the rest of their T1 for Internet access, so putting the ***** numbers on the PRI would further reduce their available bandwidth and they really don't have much to spare at the moment. I enabled disconnect supervision on the ***** lines to try and eliminate the possibility of idle lines being tied up by the system but they get a lot of calls, and it appeared that Verizon did not have their lines rolling over correctly, at least at first.

Regards,

- Phil