Okay all, I have an update - not a good one though. It gets more confusing. I have copied an email I sent to tech support below in the hopes someone may have a solution.

We have installed a TDA-200 PBX with a CTI link card. We are using the CTI Link card for programming via the LAN. It works fine most of the time on-site. We also have a VPN setup that allows us to connect to the system remotely. We are using the same setup for programming the TDA-200 VM system we have installed (except we are using the LAN port on the VM unit). The programming of the VM over the LAN via the VPN works with no problems at all!

The programming of the PBX over the LAN via the VPN is another story. When I connect to the system, there is no problem. I can open any of the programming screens. But for the most part, any changes I make and try to apply causes a disconnect of the programming software from the PBX. Here is an example: When I go to 2.2 – Operator & BGM, I can make changes to the fields and then hit apply and it works with no problems. However, if I go to 2.3 – Timers and Counters and make a change and try to apply it, it freezes at about 25% and then gives me a “Physical Link Disconnect” and none of my changes are saved. I cannot figure out what is causing this. We have replaced the cable but the fact that it works with some sections of programming and not others seems to indicate that the cable is okay. Could it be a bad card? Please let me know what I can do to fix this problem.