Guys,

I tried picking up line 1 and placing it on hold (without dialing anything, just hit hold when I got the dial tone) and it did disconnect after a few seconds. The local service provider has changed recently. The funny thing is I had this problem with last service provider (among many others) and they said they changed some settings in their switch and it worked ok. Our Fax is doing the same thing and appears busy, when the fax should just go into memory, which isn't going through the phone system and only does it on the local number. If someone does a fax over the 800 number, it works fine. I've tried messing around with the #405 CPC, and it didn't seem to make a difference as to which setting I had it on. By the way we have a different carrier for our 800 numbers because our local service provider can legally carry these yet (hopefully this fall). This leads me to believe it has to be something with the local service provider. This is a new cable switch which comes in as voip and then breaks out into analog to go to our phone system. Any ideas?