My preference would be a Panasonic phone, since they seem to have pretty good reliability. I only need it to be 1-line. It's for my house. What I would LIKE to find is one that has a dual keypad (keypad on the base), answering machine, as well as a second wireless handset (besides the one that charges on the base). All of the 5.8gHz Panasonic cordless phones I've seen are designed to set on a table, and then have that "wall-mount" bracket, that basically supports under the base, as if it were setting on a table, causing it to stick out from the wall. I want one that mounts flat against the wall. I know Panasonic has done a couple things for this in the past: either have the charging cradle flip up, or have a locking mechanism, to prevent the phone from falling out of the cradle. I'm looking for 5.8gHz, so as to not interfere with my 802.11g wireless network.

I've been trying to avoid V-Tech, because of their reputation for bad batteries (is that a problem anymore?). This is also the same reason why I'm avoiding AT&T cordless phones, since they seemed to have been made by V-Tech in the past. I'm also not fond of Uniden, as I don't think their reputation has been that great for consumer-grade phones.

Anyway, if anyone can make some recommendations, I'd sure appreciate it. I've been unable to come up with anything as of yet.

Thanks!

Justin