Originally posted by kxtvet:
Why could you not have disa answer first and then overflow to the tva? You would have to have an analog ext jump over to a co line key to get disa off a key press off a custom dialing menu that could be a caveat for you !! You should really see if you can find a stateside KX-TD 816/1232 or KX-TAW 848 on ebay either one of them will support your present phones and are a better switch and you'd be able to have ring groups right out of the box and much much more!
One reason I don't have the Disa answer and pass over to TVA is because I had some custom prompts done and no way to load the files there. I suppose I could make an adapter to play them from pc to headset jack.

I guess that the benefit of doing passing all incoming calls from disa to tva would be that no group issues at that initial levels. Also, not hogging tva ports unless necessary. Actually, I'm really only using the menus during off hours for now... Press 1 for English, 2 for Spanish, then they get hours info and can select message box by department. We have some odd hours so this is a big improvement.

I also have a custom service menu where callers can be manually transferred in, and can leave a message or, if urgent, be connected to a cell phone (tsfr outside). This is the only day time menu right now and is only transferred to manually. Here is where I could use a press zero to ring all extensions (group 1) in case the caller has second thoughts.

I also think before doing any auto attendant day hours menus I really need a way for them to press 0, getting a main ring group. Then again, if I keep them in the disa as long as possible then I can get them to a group with a one touch press.

Well, talking this out helps me. I learned to keep all the traffic in the disa as long as possible in order keep the group call card up my sleeve. I think I can exploit a lot more with this tactic. I just wish I could upload the prompts. Also looks like no handling in disa if caller doesn't hit a key but that's a small issue.

Anyway, this is more fun than taking the easy way out and getting something new.

Any clue on the best way to take a caller, that you're talking to, to a custom service menu? Do I need a dummy extension just for that? Eeek.