I was recently hired to move a phone system. I noted where all the phones where hooked up and asked what else needed to go, they said a paging system that connected to the PBX. I noted that and asked are you sure there is nothing else. They said that was all they needed. I removed the system from the old location and installed to the new location and beside some very minor issue, all went well. Then they asked where there night time ceiling mounted ringer was. I said you never told me about it so I didn't look for it. I went back to the old locaton, found it, but by that time it was to late to note how it had been connected. I found on this forum that it connects to the pepu1 card on pairs 13(or 38). By my count black and green. I connected the power and the tip and ring as it had been(that part I was able to find on the old system), but when the "night ring" button is pressed, the calls do not ring the speaker. No reprograming of the system has been done other then to make one of the phone units ring.

Does any one know why the ringer will not ring?

sorry if not all my terms are technical, I've been away from pure telco for 2 years. Thanks.