Thank you for the replies. Just to give you more background I am more of a network engineer and deal with servers and workstations as my primary job function. I knew nothing about telecommunications until a few years ago and started by only learning the CF-BNA commands on the strata, since we did a few installs with a company with the CIX line to offer office to office calling over our mesh VPN as well as sharing our primary VM card to the remote offices my experience with eManager is creating station assignments, nodes and phantom DN's and multiple call groups. I typically tried to shadow anyone that did programming to figure out how to fix things I still can't get Network eManager to do firmware updates so I'm guessing that's a bug on Network eManager + Vista

Right now I'm more concerned to find out where at to make the changes under LCR/DR for making 411 actually dial 18002255411 and we do have a PRI so 9 obviously has to be dialed first for my corporate office, the rest are just POTS lines which require picking up a physical line to dial out. If anyone knows how to do LCR on a Strata DK series like what program # it is, I still have a manual to look up the instructions if I get pointed in the right direction. I really hate asking to be spoon fed so a readers digest answer would be helpful.

The only thing I can really contribute on here as far as Toshiba systems are concerned are if people need to know about trying to do VOIP on a VPN or sharing 1 IES32 at 1 location with multiple locations. Also I get mad complaints from users on the IPT2020 phones sometime echo or you can hear yourself talk which I don't know if that's a problem with the phone or the LIPU/MIPU because I try not to piggy back the computers off the phones so there wouldn't be network congestion so I keep 1 POE switch for phones and 1 switch for computers on separate Cat5e cables. I also tried to adjust the volume on the PAD Table and that doesn't seem to help either.

Thanks again