Originally posted by newtecky:
Echo is a lot more common with POTS lines. The primary reason for echo is that the audio is going from a separate digital signal to a shared 2 wire media (TX and RX on the same line). The outgoing audio is echoed back when it hits the wire. One idea is to raise the PAD number, which lowers the volume, for the IPT sending to the trunk, while hopefully keeping it loud enough for the other person to still hear. It is less common on a PRI.
Even though some of our locations experience the problem with integrated access which segments 6 lines out of a T1 and terminates them to a 66 block that's what you're saying will cause echo as soon as it hits your pair instead of a complete network solution like PRI?

As far as Network eManager is concerned under Maintenance > IP Firmware Update > IPT_L/G/M Update it always just times out. I learned my lesson trying to update over a WAN that it's better to just upload the firmware files and deploy them from the SD Card but if you can't access the above menu, there's no way to deploy them once on the SD Card. Another thing I found is the CIX system likes to time out during IPT updates and likes to disable your LIPU if it didn't complete successfully I figured out you have to go to Maintenance > Hardware Info and Control and select what cabinet your LIPU/MIPU is in and click enable. I thought I bricked the system once until spending 3 hours to find the LIPU just got disabled.

I will try the LCR 411 trick today on our CIX670 today and then see what needs to be done on our CIX100 which don't require dialing 9 and then see what can be done about the DK280/424's because those are usually the problem areas with 411 abuse. I think I understand why you say it's easier with dialing 9 since you are basically access the system to make your call whereas just pressing the button of the line you want to use is just giving you access to dial tone.