I personnaly wouldn't invest a lot in that system. I learned how to use the DK systems after I was already programming the Strata CTX line from Toshiba. I don't know if anyone will be offering a class on a system that is discontinued and no longer suported by Toshiba, unless its a history of telecom class. I personally would rather just work on the Stata CIX system.

If you moved to the new CIX phone system from Toshiba, you could reuse the phones and probably most card. The process and cabinets would have to go. Of coarse they have new phones and cards made for the new system, but most of the old cards will work.

The CIX is more complex then the DK system, but with the admin software you get a GUI interface, which is far easier then programming through the phone on the DK. Ya, there is admin softwre for the DK, but I have never used it.

That DK 280 will not do VoIP. Maybe you can try to connect a VoIP system to is somehow, but why would you. You would have the features of an analog phone.

The CIX will do VoIP, and work along side of the phones you have already. It doesn't have some features of a full VoIP system by itself, like a software call manager. You can add a server later that will do a lot more, such as call reporting, automatic call distribution (especially nice with a call center), and software interface that runs on a PC.

Other people will have to answer if an Astrisk system is ready to run a small to mid sized comapany reliably.