OK, before I begin I just want to let you know that I have searched the forum, but couldn't find anything similar to what I am experiencing...

We have it set up so some faxes will go through Stratagy ES. I am only having problems with one line.

Faxes will not come in at all, or half a fax will come in.

If I am looking at the Voice Port Status while this line is receiving a fax, which are usually 60 pg or longer, it will say Voice Port 6: {Receiving FAX} for about 45 min. After this is done, it will say the following: Voice Port 6{Off-Hook} for approximately 30 min. Only after the port goes back to { On-Hook} will the fax come through.

My question is: Is it normal for it to take this long? We are also experiencing problems where the faxes will drop and our senders are getting really POd, claiming it's only us they are having
problems faxing to. I checked with the service providers, they told me everything was fine and there were no problems on their end. Someone told me to check the padding? so I wasn't sure if this could have something to do with it. Any suggestions? I am really stuck here.

Also, we are mostly receiving faxes from the same company, and all others seem to be coming in fine.