Bill,
I'm seeing probably 5 to 15 tickets per day but the mix is different. Paging is an issue which I feel is due to a drop in speaker quality from a manufacturer (I don't want to mention...20 years ago they were rock solid but I feel their quality is not there anymore...) We get 3 to 10 phone set change outs per week. Lately due to what I see as hookswitch issues...

6string, yes for the most part I'm the only one working the tickets. I have one person who does not come from a telecom background that can trouble shoot a phone set problem and have a replacement sent to the location and the defective set shipped back to the depot/repair facility. In addition, this person can make a test call for a line problem and if the particular LEC will test a line, they can have the line test run to see if the problem can be determined to be inside or out. I forgot to add to the mix that a couple of phone lines are shared with the alarm system via RJ31X jacks. The alarm company which is national but I will not mention is another source of plentyful problems.

At this time there are probably 60 tickets open. Depending on the problem, a ticket may be open for a week or more. If a problem is dispatched out, the tech may not have it on their schedule for 2 to 5 days and by the time I can follow up and confirm the repair it may be 2 weeks.

LEC repair...well that is another story depending on the LEC. Anyway, if there are any other thoughts out there, I'd like to hear them.

Thanks again,
DT98