Wow. Just looking at the PC requirements I very much question whether the program will even START with just 1 GB of memory. Microstation will just barely run on 1 gig. Oracle on top of that!? I assume these are minimums. I can't even imagine what installing all this complicated software will entail.
On the other hand I thought that Pete Largo was looking for something to keep track of equipment graphically. The Bentley software, as noted, seems to me like a design tool. Not that I wouldn't love to get something like that for Christmas...anybody? smile
Kumba, I've used Nagios too, but I think Pete would find he'd need to devote quite a bit of time to get up and running with it. I tried to suggest something simpler even if it's not as robust. As for monitoring, my personal favorite is Intermapper. It's not free. It's not cheap. But it does work as a charm. I started using it on Appleshare networks many years ago (anybody remember those?), and before they came up with a Windows version I used to tote an Apple laptop just for that - using it to get a look at all kinds of nets. There are addons for help desk, trouble ticketing, reporting etc, but its strength is in active realtime network maps and network flows.