I can honestly say that I have never seen such a pitiful installation in my life. I am not joking. Who in the world would install an indoor protected entrance terminal (and I use that term loosely with those punch-down toys) inside of a pedestal? Why is it that people think that they can just throw whatever is easy for them to purchase and call it an installation? I am really glad I was sitting down. Thank you for the warning there, Usererror. You really do have a mess on your hands.

TJ, yes they do have a loop extender unit but I wouldn't invest in any more harware until that wiring situation is done properly.

66 block terminations installed in outdoor installations have not been acceptable since the 1960's!
I thought the first picture of the KSU was bad enough, but that pedestal picture takes the cake. It almost classifies as "hall of shame" material.

You can't tell me that a professional telephone company performed this installation. It had to have been done by a novice.

You need to find a REAL outside plant contractor to perform the wiring to the outbuildings properly. That pedestal picture clearly shows that the installer had absoultely no clue what they were doing. Get on it now before you end up buying a new system the hard way.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX