Hi everyone
Today I went out on an STS that was down. It's 5 yrs. old and configured as a 12X24 with a flash vm and modem. When I got there the KSU was chattering up a storm. I removed the cover and saw that all the cards were resetting at a very rapid rate save for the vm card. I shut down the system, let it set for a minute, tried it again, same thing. I moved the power cord off of the battery back-up to another outlet; same thing. I pulled out the cards one by one, leaving the vm card in only because it's light were normal. I left the caller id card in. With basic ksu and modem connected I had no chatter but when I would shut the system off the KSU would click about three times. I took the modem card out and the system came up ok and shut down ok. I left the modem card out and added the two co and sta. cards; chatter. I took out all the cards except for the vm card and started adding them one at a time, shutting off the system each time to check conditions. After adding the last card the system acted just perfect. I know I didn't solve the problem, but at this point I have no idea what the problem can be. I know this is a long post, but if anyone has any ideas, I'd sure like to hear them.
Thanks in advance, ted