I have a Starplus DHS 7000 unit in my house with about 12 extensions throughout the house. We recently had a power outage for about 3 hours, and our UPS did not provide power to the phone system. When power came back on, most of the programming (done 12 years ago by now not-available phone installer) was lost. I imagine the internal battery on the system needs to be replaced. But that's not the problem today.

We brought the phone system back up and were able to reprogram most of the setting back to where they were before. However, we have one nagging problem that we can't figure out.

We can't dial *69 or anything with a # or a * as the starting character. The phone default apparently won't let us use those buttons as the beginning on a CO line. Before the power outage, we could use this just fine. But no more.

The user guide says that the phone default won't let us do this, but I'm pretty sure the phone was reprogrammed or modified somehow to allow the # and * symbols, or at least the * symbol, for the *69 etc. features.

I went to the programming manual, and it's a bit too complicated for me to figure out, so ....

HELP!!!!

How can we reprogram or set the phone to allow us to use the * features?

Wayne Stoler
[email protected]

Wayne Stoler