Disclaimer: I know very, very little about phone systems, so don't be afraid to dumb it down for me!

We moved into an existing office space that had a leased NEC Electra Elite IPK II system. The landlord had to remove the system and give it back to the telecomm company that owned it.

We purchased a used identical system, and now need help installing it. We figured getting an identical system would be best, since the connector cables (3 big cables) were left in place and they are split off to all the terminals on the terminal block on the wall)

I have searched the internet for instruction manuals, and have found many manuals, but they are geared towards the phones, voicemail, etc., and not the actual KSU.

The three main connectors (Slots 1-3, Slots 4-6, Slots 7&8 PFT) remained in place in our server closet from the original NEC leased system. All of the original wires in these 3 main cables are still connected to the 'terminal blocks' on the wall. From this point, they travel on a Cat 5 cable to the individual phone jacks in our office.

I THOUGHT it would be as simple as connecting the 3 main cables, plugging in the unit and turning it on, but when I do that, none of the terminals (phones) turn on.

There is only 1 local service company that says they have a tech who knows the system, and they wanted way too much money to work on our system.

A little help or a KSU installation/set up guide would be much appreciated!

Thank you so much!