I've used just about everyone's ram. All I can tell you is that the better stuff operates at lower voltages. Other then that it can be a crap shoot even with reputable ram. Lately I've been using memory made by a company called G.Skill which is essentially rebranded micron memory (Crucial uses Micron chips). Well technically I guess Crucial is the consumer division of Micron. Anyhow, the G.Skill memory works good, uses low-voltage, runs as advertised, includes heat spreader, hasn't failed me yet, and is on average 20-25% less.

I used to be an avid Corsair fan but the last few years their QC went to crap. They also started playing the bait and switch game. They would submit "special" versions of their "production" memory to sites for review, but when you actually bought the retail version nothing would add up right.

Kingston is probably the defacto standard in "Just Memory". Meaning it's usually stable but doesn't do much in the way of performance or anything like that. Alot of OEM's use Kingston and relabel it. Supply is steady and consistent and stability is usually good.

Crucial is usually good stuff but I find their supply to be somewhat finicky. I've ran into situations where this week they have memory, next they dont, week after that they do. The memory itself is usually very high quality, produces less heat, runs at lower voltages, and responds well to performance demands.

As far as your memory they all have it nailed. PC2-3200 is DDR2-400 in general memory terms. I'd probably recommend you buy DDR2-667 as it's a higher-volume memory which means you can get it for less.