I'm a little off on the terminology ., my experience is the lec or clec brings it up and we connect

I'll describe what I have .

my customer is last unit in the blg , verizon terminal is on the far end . 500 feet of cable from demarc on the wall to the terminal (according to the markings on the cable )

they are moving to a smaller unit about halfway down the bldg (so I'm guessing 250')

Ive got two rj48 jacks so can I put one on a couple of pairs at current location then connect two pairs at verizon terminal to the cable going to the new unit

as to equip I am leaving the white box with the cards that verizon installed in place at the old location

there is another white box that the CLEC guy I deal with calls a "connect reach " it breaks out to dial tone via a rj21x 66 block for voice and has a Ethernet port for data

is this what your referring to a CSU?

thats what Ill be moving .

running new cable to the 500' length would be a pain , maybe I could pull something heavier on the 250' leg if that would help

this would be temporary as they will move the circuit to the new location in 21 days or so

obviously they need phone and Internet in the meantime

Skip
------------------------------------

Serving SW and West central Fl since 1984