Thanks.I had seen all the numbers before but did not see how they fit together. There was a time when all T1's had a CSU. I never got a good answer as to why they were needed because we would by-pass them on trouble when they were bad and the switch would come up.

When I worked on T1 cable spans they had the 130v on them and nothing to speak of on the cust side. Does that mean the early ones had 130v going into CSU or was it always stripped out before hand-off to the CSU?

The key is the code. Let me see if I get it.

Most orders these days are for 04ds9 NCI. That explain why you don't see CSU's much anymore. Assuming this is what my CLEC orders, he falls in the 655' category. If I tried to order it as 04du9, it would allow for a CSU but may not mate well with 04sds9 interfaces.

I'll go back to them to see what they order.

That may be why the extenders are on the market. They may comply in the latter.

While we are not on this subject, Do you know the difference between CO fail: TIA-547a and TR62411.
Does that have anything to do with CO equip/testers to access to testing, maybe past the CSU. I have been leaving this set to the former for years on Norstars.

To further explain this T1, they call it Dynamic.They have a Cisco IAX that acts as a channel bank to strip out the FAX channels/lines. The rest is voip voice and data, which I guess is all data to the T1. I am guessing a LIU is all it will have. Any suggestions for 3000' mixed 24/22. As you know, we can't get the telco to move past the demarc anymore. This is on a horse farm, and has a private 100pr the last half mile. I hate to add an additional point of failure like an extension kit.