Originally posted by DigitelD:
The protocol is OK. What do you mean by B-channel service messaging? I still don't understand why we would see alarms and errors but they don't.
Well, one common reason is, because they may not actually be looking at your circuit. They might be looking at the wrong circuit. This is *very frequent* with carriers-- remember, you are calling their NOC and speaking with someone who is considered a trainee, compared to the ASA (OSX) or Engineering group.

When you call them up, have them monitor the circuit live while you are speaking with them. Then simply unplug it and ask them if anything has changed. If not, you know they aren't seeing your circuit. If they see a red alarm (OOS - aka Out of Service), then you know they atleast have their paperwork right.

Next thing is to ask them what they are testing your circuit with? For example, a Centest650 won't see EXZs when a Titan 5500 DCS will.

---

If you have a problem with a T1, have your carrier dispatch a field tech with a TestPAD or TBERD and come and go intrusive on the line, on both sides of the demarc. And show you exactly what they are seeing.

By doing this, there is no confusion, and you both know what is going on. The TBERD will show you exactly what is happening, and the field tech can talk with the NOC to explain exactly what he sees, so they can check optioning.

If you were in Georgia, I'd just bring mine TestPAD over and help. 15minutes, you'd be good to go.

--
Only the fool fears asking a question.