telthesky
Since you list it as an Alctel modem, I am pretty sure that you are limited to one user unless you by some fancy software from Lantastic or Norton that will allow modem sharing but it is pricey and slows down the main computer. The better method is to upgrade to a DSL router such as a Cayman or iNtel. THese both allow spoofing of 10 to 256 users depending on the model. Some even support DHCP so all you have to do is plug in the other computers, Mac or PC. The way they work is the router stores the domain information provided by the ISP/Telco and then You either use DHCP or a false network on your side. At home I have a rather cheap router so I had to program each computer with a false domain. Most guys I work with use 10.10.10.xxx even though we all know that Coke uses these for internal id's. As long as you don't do business with Coke it works fine. Each computer would get a unique address within this false domain and then the Router "spoofs" the address by stripping your 10.10.10.xxx out and then sending your internet information using the IP address as porvided by the ISP/Telco.

Happy trails.

Data