Hello, I am trying to use a pc with a Brooktrout Tr1034 T1 fax card to generate fax traffic. This is a 24 channel fax/voice T1 adapter. At the other end, I have a CAC channel bank "1" with 24 FXS ports. The Brooktrout is connected the the CAC with a crossover cable. The CAC has 24 analog fax modems connected to it. There are no timing or framing error leds on the CAC. I have tested Brooktrout to Brooktrout )all 24 channels) sending and receiving, no issues. I have tested 24 analog Localfax modems to 24 analog fax modems, sending and recieving, no problems. The Natural Data Localfax modem is a special fax modem that provides battery feed, dial tone and ringing (CO emulation).

Here's the rub: Brooktrout to CAC to 24 modems does not work. Brookrrout complains that there is "no dial tone" and quits. When I plug a regular POTS line phone into any of the CAC ports, there is no dial tone. When I push the digitits on the dial pad, I hear tones.When I put the phone "on hook" it rings constantly until I take it off hook. I have tried every combination I could think off. RBS and ISDN signalling, ground start and loop start etc. etc.

What am I doing wrong or not doing?

Any help or guidance will be greatly appreciated.
Best Regards
Nick