Well I went out to a customer site today to install this Adtran Netvanta 2050. I have the router programmed with the following information on the public interface...

IP Address --> 74.213.13.98
Gateway --> 74.213.13.97
Subnet --> 255.255.255.248
DNS 1 --> 66.196.216.10
DNS 2 --> 66.196.212.10

All those are verified by the carrier as good. So, I connect the Adtran to my switch and my laptop to the switch. I get an IP address and I can connect to the Adtran no problems. I can ping 10.10.10.1 and 74.213.13.98 (both IP addresses are the Adtran) just fine.

However, whenever I try to ping the gateway or any website I get nothing but time outs. So, I telnet into the Adtran and try to ping the gateway and the same websites. I always get 100% success.

So, something is wrong here. I am thinking it is something in the routes but I have not had enough experience building those routes to get it all setup. I need to know what static route I should build for all traffic that it doesn't know what to do with or whatever. I will call tech support tomorrow but I would like to know the answer tonight so I can program this thing right now and be done with it.

Thanks in advance...

www.A1Bizcom.com
Specializing in selling and installing new and used Samsung systems