Lightninghorse
Q-SIG is a "universal" protocol that allows 'enhanced' networking of different brands of PBX'x.
Depending on the manufacturer(s), this can be as little as MW signaling across the network.

And you may only need a software level upgrade, OR a Whole new cabinet that will support your present phones and has PRI and Q-SIG capability!

I'd say that it's time to talk to the manufacturer, and/or get a MONEY BACK guarantee.
This is gonna be my first reply because you gave me the best answer. And you have the (IMHO) best signature line.

I don't give a rodent's rump about any "enhanced" networking. There is no upgrade possible. It means a new box, new phones.

My concern is the off site remote phones. They are T1 FXO/FXS, have a loop on the far end and most of the phones are some type of 2500 clone. I want them to ring when called and have a dial tone and make calls. I don't really want the desk jockey with the color display to have to enter @#824*5624# to call 5624 and I don't want the person at the off site to enter a bunch of codes to dial a four digit extension.

So far, no one can guarantee their PBX can do this. Suggestions are to get ethernet or a PRI to each site. For two extensions? Sure, why not.