Thanks Digdog for getting back to me so quickly. Even though I am most certainly not an expert on the systems, I do have a good understanding of them. I have the system up and running for serial integration and was wondering if there might be something the comdial guy and I are missing. They want to send another guy out here and re-program what the first guy already did or didn’t do. I’d rather not go down that road. I have replied to your comments.

>>Your serial link needs to be plugged into com port 1 or a on the dsu. The dsu needs to have this turned on.

It is on and plugged in, I can swap the cable to the com port of my laptop and hyper terminal into the phone system.

>>Then the voicemail should have had the first time set up ran on it. It should be selected for dsu and also select using serial intergration.

I have run the first time setup and selected DSU (#6) and selected to use serial integration. When I go into mailbox setup it show “serial” under ‘sequence to turn on message waiting lamp.’

>>You will also need to know what ext. the voicemail ports are for first time set up. The comdial.lnk under the vm directory is the file you would be lookng for.

During the setup, I identified the vm ports and they are also correctly listed in the comdial.lnk file as well. On the DSU side, the station ports are configured as VM ports as well.

Thanks for your help, maybe someone knows some setting to change somewhere.