Last night I upgraded a customer's MP5000 from 1.0 to 2.0-211. That part went fine. I also had no problems upgrading their EP300s from a pretty early firmware and bootcode to the latest. Actually, I was pretty impressed with how well the EP300 upgrades went.

I did learn something about programming the EP300 buttons from VMMI (maybe this is listed as a known issue...not sure, but I don't think I saw this one listed). I found that the EP300 has to be restarted in order for new button mapping to show up, if mapping was done from VMMI.

I ran into a problem installing the latest firmware on the Gateway board. I tried the TFTP method, but it kept timing out, or saying it was done, but then showing that it was still running the old firmware when I viewed on Hyperterm during a reboot. Any ideas?

I also installed and tested the new EP200 software. This was the latest one that's on the CCC. I had some pretty weird issues with the contact groups/lists. I could add a group, and add contacts to the group, but when I tried to click on the group to view the contacts, it wouldn't change from the +, so therefore I could not view the contacts, and the list was not usable. I also either don't understand the conference feature (no actual "Conference" icon), or I'm doing it wrong. I was trying to use the transfer icon to set it up. That didn't seem to work, and I don't really think the transfer worked correctly either. I was testing from an EP200 to 2 digital phones.

Maybe I ended up with a bad install of the EP200. What do you think? I'm going to call TS today, to see what suggestions they can offer.

------------------
[Linked Image from sigcomsys.com]
| Signal Communication Systems - Fresno, CA |

| Telephone Systems, Voicemail Syste... & Data Cabling - Central Valley, CA