I have Comdial's DX-80 with 5 DETs. The voice mail will sometimes "cut-off" in the middle of someone leaving a message. It is not a case of the message exceeding the max record time, as sometimes it will stop recording after a few seconds, and other times after longer periods of time. Also, the Voice Recorder will record for sporadic intervals before cutting-off. Sometimes it will record for 30 seconds, and other times for 3 minutes. I purchased the system from TWAcomm.com and installed it myself for my personal business. Therfore, I do not have a tech password from Comdial and they are not willing to give me any support. They claim that my problems are a result of bad programming, but I beg to differ. Personally, I think I have a bad voice mail card, but I wanted to post this to you guys to see if I overlooked a programming factor or an installation detail. Also, since Comdial despises the fact that I installed the system myself, does anyone know how I should go about getting an RMA if I can determine that the board is in fact defective?

Thanks for the help,
Joe