Here is the latest update on the dead air issue with the Comdial DX120.

The T1/PRI circuit has been replaced with a new loop from AT&T, a new smart jack and new cable pairs. Verizon has also replaced their circuit.

This was all cutover on Sunday and 2 days later I still have the same problem today.

The customer is talking about getting another telephone system if I do not have a solution.

I will be contacting Vertical/Comdial 1st thing tommorrow morning about the same problem again.
Wish me luck!

The following is pasted from an email from the carrier:

Good Afternoon Mike,

I received your report callers are getting the same dead-air issues. Everything is new on the network side so the only common denominator is your internal wiring and equipment. VerizonBusiness is willing to pull D-channel captures on completed and failed calls for your hardware provider to compare. VZB also recommends you set up default routing in your switch so any unrecognizable digits will still complete.

The following e-mail for this Ticket was received on 2/26/2008 3:27:02 PM
verizonbusiness.com)

Everything is new on our side. We can pull two D-channel captures and email them to you if you can reproduce the dead-air.
--------------------------
Verizon Business
Local Voice/Voip MGR

Any response is appreciated as I see one other tech is having the same problem in another state.

Thank you,
Mike