Originally posted by tampasteve:
You might not even have enough hardware in the system to support 30 telephones/hot jacks. Going from 20 to 30 is a pretty big jump. Moving a 20-30 telephone system is a pretty big deal, I would advise that you hire a Comdial tech for the day, and yes it will likely take a day to do it all. Do you have voice mail? It would be odd for a company of your size not to....do you know what to look for? It would likely be a PC or grey clam shell looking box near the telecom equipment.

It all may look very easy and straightforward, but people go to school to learn this material. Plus, if there are problems when you move it then you have someone there that can fix it rather than trying to find someone to come out last minute for the emergency.

Here are some questions the tech will need:

If the PRI hot yet? Is it even installed from the carrier?

Do you have the translations for the PRI from the carrier? If not, get them

When are the numbers porting to the new PRI?

Do you have an FXT or FXII? (T is a gray tall rectangular box, II is a black or gray cube)

Do you have voice mail?

Do you have a floor plan with ext. numbers on it? If not make one.

Are the new cables tagged, toned, and labeled? If not expect more time for a tech to locate them.

Steve
Steve,

Thank you for your reply. The main reason why I posted this thread was to get an idea of how much work and risk doing the move myself would take. I'm leaning towards hiring a Comdial technician to do the work, but I'd still like to do a bit more research.

Here are the answers to your questions:

We do have a voicemail system. It is the Comdial Small Office Lite system.

I believe the PRI is hot, but we are waiting for the day of the move to switch the IP addresses over.

I don't have the translations yet.

I logged into VMMI and went to About the System and the following is the information I gathered:

FXT-112
System Release: 176
Feature Set: 15C
Network Version: 410

I also checked the board configuration and the following is the information I gathered:

FXSDS-16
FXSDS-08
FXISTM-08
FXLDS-08
FXT1-PRI

The cables at the new location have been terminated and labeled on 110 blocks.

Thanks again for your help.

-Garrett-