I looked up DACS and now it has me thinking (not saying that's a good thing) but here it is:

A few other odd things happened at the customer site.

1) Their DSL was down when I arrived onsite with the sync light steady on but no access to the net and it was wired and filtered direct to the fax xxx-3861 that line wasn't going into the 7100 so I left it wired as is. The DSL tech was already coming out to work the trouble so I ignored it, that was also the day that I called in trouble on the CO's when the ringing started and AT&T confirmed trouble (opens) on 2 of the 4 lines going into the 7100 and then sent another tech out to deal with those, I also believe 1 of the lines was a recent addition because the customer complain to me about how long it took AT&T to get the new line in.

2) At one point 2 lines rang in simultaneously on the 7100 and the customer lost internet at the exact same moment and remember the DSL line wasn't on the 7100.

3)I left the building for 30 minutes to run to the hardware store and when I came back the customer told me that the fax number was now ringing in on line 4 on the 7100, so I ID the line and sure enough the fax number was on line 4 and line 4 xxx-xx66 was on the fax and I know I didn't change any wiring on the backboard BUT their DSL was synced up and working, by now my head is spinning and I'm questioning my sanity.

I tried to explain this to the customer but I might as well of been speaking Martian to him and his response was "just fix it" so I rewired the MDF and sent the filter xxx-xx66 back into the 7100 and routed the xxx-3861 fax line back into the fax.

I guess the bottom line question is: the AT&T techs have been treating this like a bad pair issue, but is there a likely possibility that they may be using a DACS down the line and the configuration is screwed up?

By the way before the 7100 they had the 4 line phone circuit city setup, they said it sucked but didn't go into great detail.