Hello,

We have taken over a small com company here in Spokane, and they have installed about 14 idcs500 phone systems.

It is my job to take over and learn the ropes.

All seems to be going ok... programming is simple using OSM_500 R2, and phone system info is easy to configure.

My problem, which I can't find here or on Samsung's Tech site, which we are a member, is the Group phones, when not answered, going to a specific stations voice mail.

None of these systems have an AA card, so I would like to take a group of say, 5 phones, and if no answer, have it go to the voice mail of one of those 5 phones as the "quote-unqoute" main line of that group.

i.e. ext 210, 211, 212, 213 and 214, ring thru group 505. If no answer by any line, I want to ring to voicemail of extension 201.

When I setup the overflow port as 210, the extension 210 does ring... but never goes to voicemail if not answered.

If i set the overflow port to 549, it goes to the main voicemail message of the phone system, not to the vm of 210

Call forwarding is setup under MMC-102 for extension 210, as No-Answer 549 (voicemail), and Busy as 549, plus MMC 316 is set to 549 as well

Since the extension 210 does ring after the overflow timeout, the transfer seems to work from group to extension, but then when we ask 210 to go to voicemail (549) it seems that the system can't do the 2nd transfer request from extension 210 to 549.

Any ideas?

Thanks for you any help pointing me in the right direction.

Sam

TimeWarner provides.