1. Is there an easy way to short conductors in regular UTP cable so that pins 2 & 5 (for example) receive the same signal? I'm looking for something less messy than a splice or soldering. Is there anything similar to shorting bars such as used on rj48 and rj31? And if there is, is there a specialized tool for this?

2. Is there an easy way to do the above, but on 25pair cat3 pairs? For this job, I was thinking of ordering one of these, to start: AMP wear adapter
This thingy opens up to give you access to all 25 pairs. I guess I could figure a way to jump wire from one conductor to another one, or is it a pipe dream.