The "code thing came from me stating I can't find it in the "codes" I was reading through.

Tito can you bring up that recommendation ? I have looked all over the Texas codes and can't find it So that may be an Arkansas thing. Or maybe a local code for your area.
Bad choice of wording on my part. It also seems that I was the one to highjack the topic. So let me set this straight. Then we can start a new topic on C3 and C5E versus what ever.

Briggs: If TW does not supply the needed signal or a device to increase it. You can get the products on your own. All you need to do is a little math. That and if possible get a cable analyzer before you start purchasing things you do not need.

Even if you are close or inside the 1" mark. Do the nail plates anyway. It does not hurt anyone and you wont have to worry about some stray nail punching through all of your hard work.

Finally, be very weary of buying "cheap" products. We have several threads here about foreign made products not meeting standard. If you are going with C6 you should only have to terminate it once. So multiple terminations aren't a worry unless you connect it wrong. That brings up Hal's point. If the tool is designed specifically for the job. You would not have to worry about damaging the connector.