I think many electricians have a problem understanding the difference between a performance ground and a safety ground.

I think many electricians have a problem understanding the difference between a technical ground and a safety ground. A technical ground is what one of those articles above is talking about with those grounding electrodes, copper grids and ufer grounds. I get real nervious when I read things like that because very rarely is going to that extreme even necessary today and the tendency is to not bond it to the building electrical ground which creates a serious safety problem. There have been instances where a manufacturer required a separate grounding system for their equipment and prohibited it from being bonded to the building service ground. If it was it would void their warranty. This was due to their engineers not understanding why bonding is important which led to violations and safety concerns using their equipment.

Those bug-eyed A/V enthusiasts over at the asylum would be the last people to ask about really any issue. Pretty much like IT "professionals", all they know is what they are obsessed with.

Grounding and bonding for commercial installed sound is very different from data racks so you can't compare the two. For consumer A/V equipment, well the operative word there is "consumer" and there are no standards. What seems to work for one manufacturer's equipment and installation isn't necessarily going to work for another.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.